Technical Project Manager
Pitchup is seeking a Technical Project Manager to help our software engineers deliver high-quality products and services for our customers.
Utilising your understanding of software development processes and excellent project management abilities, you will ensure successful completion of building, testing and deployment tasks.
You will press ahead with the many ideas we already have planned, taking account of the priority of the projects and overseeing their progress through development and launch.
We’re an award-winning and quickly expanding travel site making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,300 to choose from.
As a Technical Project Manager at Pitchup, you’ll be responsible for:
- Define the project scope, objective and deliverables
- Track and report on project progress, mitigating risks and removing roadblocks
- Lead and motivate a team of software engineers, setting goals, mentoring/coaching and overseeing their general wellbeing
- Utilise technical background to shape the software development lifecycle
- Provide feedback on technical design, architecture and code changes
- Resolve technical challenges faced by the team
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Continue to enhance and grow the testing process
- Participate in code reviews to identify and address defect or areas of improvement
- Maintain comprehensive project documentations and capture key learning to inform improvements
- Proven experience ( 5 - 7 years ) as a Technical Project Manager or similar role, managing software engineering projects
- Previous experience of reporting to a Founder or Senior Leadership team
- Preference for a career history of working in small, high growth scale up organisations over larger corporations
- Ideally worked for an e-commerce, online marketplace or OTA business
- Exposure to our tech-stack would be advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- Project Management or Agile certifications are advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of collaborating effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and project management tools
- Hands-on technical expertise in software development, programming languages, and frameworks.
It would be great if you follow some of our key values/behaviours
- Bias to action
- Professional Integrity
- Results focused
- Initiative and responsibility
- Logical thinking
- Reaction time: speed of response to key information
Our stack comprises:
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 per annum depending on experience
Our engineers get:
- £500 to spend annually on learning & development at Udemy and whatever software you need
- Choice of technology
- Work-from-home office equipment allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Pension matched to 4%, private healthcare, life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection - for peace of mind
- Discounts including: gym memberships, sports equipment, Caffe Nero, Odeon cinema and various hotel and retail outlets
- Great staff discounts on Pitchup bookings across thousands of properties in 70 countries
- Employee assistance helpline, in case you ever need someone to talk to, with access to get-fit programmes, nutrition advice, financial and legal advice and counselling
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
More about Pitchup
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and up to 7,500 bookings per day, with total transaction value 50% up compared to 2022 (a record-breaking year). So far £260m worth of holidays have been booked through us and we’ve helped 9m holidaymakers make their great escape. This year we launched our new mobile website, updating the look and feel and increasing conversion, with the desktop version soon to follow. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
You will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
Our site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 17 languages. We’re members of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe and recently were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row.
Some of our press coverage