Sales Consultant - (Australia, home based)
Want to work with an award-winning and quickly expanding company? We’re the leading website for outdoor holidays, making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,300 to choose from.
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and up to 7,500 bookings per day, with total transaction value 50% up compared to 2022 (a record-breaking year). So far £260m worth of holidays have been booked through us and we’ve helped 9m holidaymakers make their great escape. This year we launched our new mobile website, updating the look and feel and increasing conversion, with the desktop version soon to follow. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
You will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
Our site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 17 languages. We’re members of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe and recently were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row.
The main activity of the role will be to make sales calls from home (based in Australia) to sign up campsites and holiday parks to take bookings via our website. You will also help clients complete the registration process. Duties include:
- Seeking out new business opportunities, from initial call to closing the deal
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of contacts and to support relationships with key supplier decision makers
- Discovering and following up for new leads as required
- Monitoring and analysing results, readily suggesting ways to increase sales revenue in the Australian market.
- Being a brand ambassador, passionate about the product you're selling and well equipped to promote brand benefits
Candidates will join a dedicated, nimble team at a young company with extraordinary growth potential.
We are looking for candidates able to dedicate at least 15 hours per week. Hours for the role can vary from week to week and can be flexible to work around you and your family. Some travel may be involved, but this is optional. This is a 100% remote role.
Candidates should be self-starting sales professionals, with a passion for developing new business through exceptional communication. The successful candidate will fulfil the following additional criteria:
- Demonstrated sales experience in a B2B environment, ideally having sold solutions vs products previously
- Quantifiable new business development experience - cold calling must be second nature
- At least two years' experience in a sales/contracting position
- Able to build rapport quickly whilst maintaining a resilient and tenacious approach
- Relish the challenge of sales, motivated by monetary reward and target lead
- Ability to troubleshoot independently, think fast and handle objections with ease
- Confident, persuasive and approachable
- Organised and methodical
- Internet savvy
- A desire to take a big part in the establishment of Pitchup.com as a modern, creative brand
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Own a Computer
You will be paid an hourly rate of AUD 25 to 30 per hour depending on experience + a commission per campsite and uncapped 'superbonus' + phone package. Please note you will be responsible for Superannuation payments
Read some of our latest press coverage