Senior Frontend Engineer (Remote UK)
Pitchup.com is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to help us modernise and build on our approach to front-end development. We’re using Nuxt.js for our newer projects, and we’d like to explore techniques like BFFs and micro-frontends to maximise our ability to deliver UX changes quickly, responding to feedback from our users and trying out new ideas with a fast feedback loop. We’re looking for someone with experience, opinions and ideas who can accelerate our teams and help us build best-in-class web front-ends that are a joy to use.
We’re the leading website for outdoor holidays, making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,300 to choose from.
As a Front-End Engineer at Pitchup, you’ll be responsible for…
- Adding features to our current customer and campsite-focussed site using Vue.js, aiming to delivering code into production deployment in your first week
- Working with team members and Product Owner to suggest, design and develop changes to UI and UX
- Suggesting and implement changes to the front-end architecture of our sites, adding meaningful input into design documents, discussion and plans
- Playing an important role in the improvement of development practices
- Able to demonstrate at least 3 - 5+ years of experience as a Front end developer, ideally within a scaling business.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Typescript, Vue.js, HTML5 and CSS3.
- An appreciation of the challenges regarding building adaptive and responsive websites.
- You care about code quality and are familiar with testing front-end code using various frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, etc.).
- Have a good understanding of workflow and tooling (such as Grunt, Gulp, Yeoman, Yarn etc.) in relation to front-end development.
- You are able to solve problems in a structured way.
- You are able to communicate technical concepts in a lucid, structured fashion to colleagues.
- Team player, self-motivated, able to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Experience of working as part of an Agile development team.
It would be great if you…
- Have relevant knowledge of the OTA sector
- Are up-to-speed with modern front-end development and have an appreciation for the pros and cons of techniques like BFF or micro-frontends.
- Have experience of working with both internal and third-party APIs.
- Degree in a related discipline.
Our stack comprises:
Salary: £75,000 to £82,000 per annum depending on experience
Our engineers get
- Work-from-home office equipment allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Pension matched to 4%, private healthcare, life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection - for peace of mind
- Discounts including: gym memberships, sports equipment, Caffe Nero, Odeon cinema and various hotel and retail outlets
- Great staff discounts on Pitchup bookings across thousands of properties in 70 countries
- Employee assistance helpline, in case you ever need someone to talk to, with access to get-fit programmes, nutrition advice, financial and legal advice and counselling
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Cycle to work scheme
More about Pitchup
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and up to 7,500 bookings per day, with total transaction value 50% up compared to 2022 (a record-breaking year). So far £260m worth of holidays have been booked through us and we’ve helped 9m holidaymakers make their great escape. This year we launched our new mobile website, updating the look and feel and increasing conversion, with the desktop version soon to follow. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
You will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
Our site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 17 languages. We’re members of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe and recently were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row.
Some of our press coverage