Customer Service Manager - Maternity Contract
We are looking for an experienced B2C Customer Service Manager to join us for a 9-12 month maternity contract, joining us as soon as possible to immerse yourself in the role so that you are ready to hit the ground running when our busy season kicks off from April.
Your role will entail managing a team of customer service agents ensuring they provide high-quality service to customers. The goal is to keep the department running in an efficient manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention; exceeding their expectations. In addition, to handle escalated customer complaints, identify and address service issues, and work with the Account Management team to resolve customer concerns.
About the role
- Team management: setting targets for individuals; acting as a point of escalation, performing quality checks; recruiting/training and onboarding new staff; managing daily team operations; measuring performance and setting the seasonal rota
- Support: overseeing all channels; email, phone and live chat to ensure we’re achieving our KPIs, prioritising urgent cases and providing high quality customer service
- Performance metrics: tracking, reporting and improving KPIs such as customer satisfaction, response times and resolution rates
- Reviews and disputes: managing review dispute requests; owning Trustpilot and Feefo reviews
- Product enhancement: championing our customer-centric approach by collecting and communicating customer feedback to the product team
- Problem solving: taking initiative to solve problems now and in the future
- Process improvement: suggesting and supporting process improvements/new initiatives across the department, facilitating team implementation when required
- Social media: collaborating with marketing team to manage social media questions and escalations
- Compliance and quality assurance: ensuring compliance with company standards and maintaining a high-quality of service
- A previous track record of managing a busy B2C customer service team of at least 10 people
- Ideally, a well-documented history of working within an ecommerce/marketplace or online travel agency
- A solid background of providing multi-channel support via email, phone and live chat
- Highly conscientious with a strong sense of ownership and accountability, underpinned by a commitment to customer satisfaction, and able to instil this ethos within your team
- Able to work shift pattern of 40 hours per week between the hours of 7am and 10pm in season, with weekend and bank holiday coverage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey information clearly and concisely, both to customers and your team
- Adept at identifying and solving complex customer issues, pragmatic and able to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
- The ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced customer service environment, with a strong bias to action
- Meticulous, but with an instinct to simplify
- An understanding and ability to analyse customer service data and KPIs to make data-driven decisions for improvement
Salary: £36 - 50k per annum depending on experience
Pitchup employee benefits:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Pension matched to 4%, private healthcare, life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection - for peace of mind
- Discounts including: gym memberships, sports equipment, Caffe Nero, Odeon cinema and various hotel and retail outlets
- IT equipment
- Great staff discounts on Pitchup bookings across thousands of properties in 70 countries
- A work-from-home office equipment allowance
- Company away days
- Employee assistance helpline, in case you ever need someone to talk to, with access to get-fit programmes, nutrition advice, financial and legal advice and counselling
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
We’re the leading website for outdoor holidays, making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,500 to choose from.
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and up to 7,500 bookings per day, with £300m worth of holidays booked through us so far. We’ve helped 10m holidaymakers ‘make your great escape’. This year we launched our new mobile website, updating the look and feel and increasing conversion, with the desktop version soon to follow. The company is bootstrapped, profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
You will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
Our site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 17 languages. We’re members of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe and recently were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row.
Some of our press coverage