Pitchup is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage our team of software engineers, a go-getter who gets stuff done and helps the team to do the same.
Your role will involve overseeing the development and delivery of high-quality software products while fostering a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, and technical excellence.
The team has a strong base of technical skills and your job will be to wrangle them together, enhance our ways of working and guide us towards achieving our vision, whilst never being too far away from the detail.
We’re an award-winning and quickly expanding travel site making it a doddle to book camping, glamping and caravan sites all over the world, with over 5,300 to choose from.
As Engineering Manager at Pitchup, you’ll be responsible for:
- People management - giving the team structure and purpose to their work
- Accelerating product development - streamlining development process, introducing best practices and agile methodologies
- Being on top of monitoring performance metrics
- Fixing issues - eliminating the roadblocks and keeping the workflow and productivity smooth
- Updates - providing transparent and regular updates
- Project management - avoiding frustrations and inefficiency by providing clear goals/guidance with realistic steps
- Release management - be actively involved in testing, deployment and post deployment
- Code quality assurance - striving for quality, preventing problems and building consistency
- Recruiting - hiring the right talent at the right time
- Navigating conflicts - while adapting to changes in technology and business needs
- Presenting practical input to strategic technology decisions and technology roadmap
- Keeping abreast of new software technologies
- Being available, during peak season, to act swiftly so the business can continue to provide great user experiences
- 5 - 7 years of experience in software development and team management
- Previous experience of reporting to a Founder or Senior Leadership team or a career history of working in small, high growth scale up organisations over larger corporations
- Ideally worked for an e-commerce, online marketplace or OTA business
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, or similar
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
- Knowledge of best practice
It would be great if you follow some of our key values/behaviours
- Bias to Action
- Professional Integrity
- Results focused
- Initiative and responsibility
- Logical thinking
- Reaction time: speed of response to key information
Our stack comprises:
Salary: £100,000 to £120,000 per annum depending on experience
Our engineers get:
- £500 to spend annually on learning & development at Udemy and whatever software you need
- Choice of technology
- Work-from-home office equipment allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Pension matched to 4%, private healthcare, life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection - for peace of mind
- Discounts including: gym memberships, sports equipment, Caffe Nero, Odeon cinema and various hotel and retail outlets
- Great staff discounts on Pitchup bookings across thousands of properties in 70 countries
- Employee assistance helpline, in case you ever need someone to talk to, with access to get-fit programmes, nutrition advice, financial and legal advice and counselling
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
More about Pitchup
Pitchup.com receives 33m annual visits and up to 7,500 bookings per day, with total transaction value 50% up compared to 2022 (a record-breaking year). So far £260m worth of holidays have been booked through us and we’ve helped 9m holidaymakers make their great escape. This year we launched our new mobile website, updating the look and feel and increasing conversion, with the desktop version soon to follow. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
You will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, all working from home, as we are a 100% remote business.
Our site has been featured in leading global media titles, such as BBC News, New York Times, Le Figaro, and more, and has been translated into 17 languages. We’re members of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe and recently were awarded the Platinum Trusted Service Award by Feefo, for achieving a customer rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 for 3 years in a row.
Some of our press coverage